Marine advice

mcrudd

Generally 200L is considered the minimum starting size. Much smaller and they become less stable. You don't want to kill $200 fish that often because your tank is too small to be stable without a lot of maintenance.

+1 plus it will get too hot in summer

there is a lot that goes on in keeping a marine tank stable

the bigger the better

there are some nice nano tanks out there

but if you aren't a competent DIYer then you need deep pockets and long arms to reach the bottom of said "pockets"

when i get into my marine..my biggest concern of expense is water changing..

I wld use a couple drum of aqu salt when doing water change for my 1400lt..

Instead of "how to say this?' "jacking sea water from beach"..what other cheaper alternative?

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I live right by the sea, it takes me less then two minutes to walk there, but my problem is the tank size and the summer heat :facepalm:

edited to add

a little of topic, but look at these cuties I saw the other day, sorry pic is not so good, took it with my phone.

shrimp.jpg

If I had a marine tank, i would not have a problem filling it with cleaners, if these guys clean, not to sure. But after taking the pic I managed to catch one and inspect it from closer, so they are easy to catch, and too cute close up !drool:

imo scrap 20l and get a bigger tank, it would cost you lees in the long run, and a lot easier to keep

I wish I could, but we have a teeny house and space is a problem. I might consider doing it one day if the kids leave the house or if I win lotto and build a nice big fishroom. :thup: