November 12, 201114 yr comment_461464 hi, I need a reaction between two [or three] chemicals that rapidly changes colour through contact. If you know any please tell. thanks. Report
November 12, 201114 yr comment_461468 hi, I need a reaction between two [or three] chemicals that rapidly changes colour through contact. If you know any please tell. thanks. BTB and CO2. Wait, I shouldn't give you answers, you should be doing your own homework. Report
November 12, 201114 yr comment_461478 Yeah definitely agree with Squirt, The good old Acids and Bases test with Universal Indicator. Report
November 12, 201114 yr comment_461480 Redox ftw. Potassium Permanganate, KMnO4 + any alkene (like ethene, C2H4 ) = a diol (diethanol, C2H2(OH)2 ) changes from a purple solution to colourless. There's another one I've learnt in organics as well, can't remember what it is atm. EDIT: Dichromate, Cr4O7 + alcohol = a salt or an acid depending on the solution being acidic/basic, can't remember the rest of this equation lol, but it changes from orange to green. Report
November 12, 201114 yr comment_461508 Iodine and a starch. nice and easy to do as many firstaid kits have iodine in them Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.