Are there any cage bird forums in New Zealand?

Joe

Hey all,

I have been trying to find a bird forum here in NZ. I don't want to join an international forum because the medications and stuff available there wouldn't be the same as what we have here so the info/advice would be totally useless to me.

Thanks,

Joe

• 2 months later...

I'm after info on sun conures. Trying to find if there's someone in chch that has one I can visit before I commit to buying one. I've been googling and you tubing and I'm sure I can stand the noise but before I inflict it on my family for the next 20-30 years I wanna be 100% sure :).

I'm after info on sun conures. Trying to find if there's someone in chch that has one I can visit before I commit to buying one. I've been googling and you tubing and I'm sure I can stand the noise but before I inflict it on my family for the next 20-30 years I wanna be 100% sure :).

as a hand raised pet they can be very affectionate, will talk a little, as you realise very noisy

on the downside they have a good bite an will let others know when they are annoyed

our ones have been possessive over their "family" and were want to attack visitors to the house

inflicted some good bites too

what you after ?? small bird or parrot ??

http://www.nzbudgerigars.com/

Not after anything :D I would just like to be part of an NZ cage bird forum so I know what else people are breeding and so I can ask questions etc. I keep doves, finches, canaries, quail and Turquoisines, never really liked budgies that much. Thanks for your help though :)

I think I might join a "birding" forum and see what happens :P

Thanks for your help everyone :thup:

Sun conure as a non aviary pet? Good luck :slfg: they're not the easiest pet that's for sure, and you'll need to be really consistent with its training.

I've spoken today with 2 people who have had them as pets, I'm not sure the neighbours will appreciate them to be honest. If they get pithy about the odd dog bark I don't think a screeching parrots gonna fly lol!