October 17, 201114 yr comment_458205 How big a tank does an Angel fish need? What about Dwarf Gouramis? I'm moving my coldwater fish (goldfish, minnows) out of my 64L tank. I will be left with 4 guppies and 2 platys. Report
October 17, 201114 yr comment_458208 The Dwarf Gouramis should will be fine in a 64L for two of them and a few more platys and nothing more. You will need a much bigger tank for angles. Report
October 17, 201114 yr comment_458210 Angels would need at least a 150L tank IMO because the fish themselves are tall and wide, and they are cichlids and actually are aggressive, I've seen one eat a neon... Report
October 17, 201114 yr comment_458265 yup they sure are aggressive!!! a friend had one and whenever you went near the tank s/he would charge at the glass at you non stop. it would actually hit the glass everytime. you didnt dear put your finger in there, lol well we wouldnt. and they are better in groups by themselfs with a few bottom feeders imo. they do kill other fish if they want to breed. Report
October 18, 201114 yr Author comment_458283 Ok so definitely no angel fish then lol What other fish go well with guppies and platys? I have officially moved my blue/silver fantail goldfish (I got another one on Sunday - a very small chocolate fantail) into the pond outside, put the minnows into the small tank and so it's just the tropical fish in the big tank now. Snowman has a GBA for me which I have to collect. I like barbs, tetras and danios.... and the dwarf gouramis. Anything that won't get more than 10cm including the tail. Report
October 18, 201114 yr comment_458301 What other fish go well with guppies and platys? Dwarf cichlids? Report
October 18, 201114 yr comment_458313 swords, neons, glowlights, all bottom feeders, phamtom tetras, glass cats Report
October 19, 201114 yr comment_458400 I've got a pair of dwarf butterfly ram cichlids which I adore. They may be a great addition and have great personality if there's room :roey: . Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.