Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Barclaya longifolia delayed germination

Featured Replies

I have barclaya longiflora seeds germinating in good numbers across two tanks.

Tank one being the tank that the parent plants flowered in and tank two being where I transplanted some of the seeds that I collected.

There were two parent plants, one red and one green and both produced the seeds about a year ago and haven't flowered since.

I had a few seeds germinate a month or so after they were planted but I had given up on the rest

I have read that barclaya longiflora can take up to a year to germinate but I didn't really believe it.

Has anyone else had any experience with this ?

I also didnt have much luck germinating these only 1 poped up out of 100 odd seeds have had alot more pups from around the base of the parent plants.

Still waiting on a red if any going :cofn:

It was a long time ago I propagated them and I remember that it took a long time before I had any success so your theory makes a lot of sense. I only let the seeds drop into the tank. Well done.

Still waiting on a red if any going :cofn:

I just sold one about a week ago on trademe for $20, got an email a couple of days later from the buyer asking which end to plant in the substrate :facepalm: Was my last red :(

I also didnt have much luck germinating these only 1 poped up out of 100 odd seeds have had alot more pups from around the base of the parent plants.

Still waiting on a red if any going :cofn:

Check with pupuke they are get them in from time to time, I have picked some up and shipped it to people in the past..

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.