What temp can goldfish handle?

vavoli

I had two oranda goldfish in my tropical tank over winter at 28 degrees. They were way more active (more eating more pooping though) and i had trouble putting them back out in the pond, took ages to acclimatise them (2 weeks) and even now they aren't very happy just be prepared to do more water changes as they are very messy fish

I had two oranda goldfish in my tropical tank over winter at 28 degrees. They were way more active (more eating more pooping though) and i had trouble putting them back out in the pond, took ages to acclimatise them (2 weeks) and even now they aren't very happy just be prepared to do more water changes as they are very messy fish

Same problem I'm having. I had my fantail goldfish in my tank on 25C for several weeks and just put it into the pond on Monday and I feel so bad ... it's just not happy like it was in the tank... doesn't swim around much at all ... spends most of the time in the barrel ornament :( Might have to get a bigger tank and filter and pump and heater off Trade Me or something ...

ha! im having the exact same problem! our pond freezes over in winter so i bought my orandas inside as they dont winter the best in frozen ponds and im too scared that ill lose them if i put them back out! i did it once but they looked so miserable and just sat on the bottom!