Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.

What temp can goldfish handle?

Featured Replies

Hello,

I'm just curious, what temperature is max for goldfish? I was to have a couple of tanks but would like goldfish in one, but still want to grow swords and ferns etc...

Cheers!! :happy2:

I had two oranda goldfish in my tropical tank over winter at 28 degrees. They were way more active (more eating more pooping though) and i had trouble putting them back out in the pond, took ages to acclimatise them (2 weeks) and even now they aren't very happy just be prepared to do more water changes as they are very messy fish

Goldfish are bred overseas in tropical countries where the temp is around 28C. They cope with it but I gather it shortens their lifespan.

gold fish can handel temps from 30 to 0 even lower..if high than 30 usely death is invole..idearly you shouldnt

have goldfish in a tropcal setup.. at all..

  • Author

Great thanks everyone.. I'll bear that in mind.

Maybe i'll have them in but with a low temp so the plants grow fast and well but the fish don't get too excited.

Cheers :) :thup:

I had two oranda goldfish in my tropical tank over winter at 28 degrees. They were way more active (more eating more pooping though) and i had trouble putting them back out in the pond, took ages to acclimatise them (2 weeks) and even now they aren't very happy just be prepared to do more water changes as they are very messy fish

Same problem I'm having. I had my fantail goldfish in my tank on 25C for several weeks and just put it into the pond on Monday and I feel so bad ... it's just not happy like it was in the tank... doesn't swim around much at all ... spends most of the time in the barrel ornament :( Might have to get a bigger tank and filter and pump and heater off Trade Me or something ...

ha! im having the exact same problem! our pond freezes over in winter so i bought my orandas inside as they dont winter the best in frozen ponds and im too scared that ill lose them if i put them back out! i did it once but they looked so miserable and just sat on the bottom!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.