Does anyone feed their fish 6 nights a week?

mcmillanm

As above,

I feed my community tank flakes in am and an assortment of pellets, tabs for various fish 5 nights a week and bloodworms & spiralina tabs one night.

I've been not feeding at all one night as I read it was good for fish (loaches I think) & am wondering if anyone else does and recommends this.

Thanks for any any answers/discussions on this.

Hi,

It's a relatively busy community tank with platies, mollies, loaches, corys, bristle noses, a couple of rams, neons, rummy noses, SAE's & rasboras.

I think I read about the idea on the loaches website but I also suspect that in ensuring everyone gets fed that I in fact over feed during the week. I have therefore been not feeding for one night to hopefully rectify this and make my tank situation closer to what would happen in the wild??

I feed every two days. The communtity tank gets 2 brineshrimp, 1 Jbl nova tab, half an algae wafer and bloodworm leftovers. Puffertank gets half a cube of bloodworms. There is usually some leftover for the nocternal fishies and the morning everything is gone.

• 2 weeks later...

I feed my tropicals in the morning (flakes) and in the evening (bloodworms) every day. My minnows in the smaller tank get the same (coldwater tank) but just in smaller amounts as they don't eat that much. Not sure what I'm doing with the goldfish outside yet as they just don't seem as hungry as they were in the tank inside.... probably once a day is enough for them as they just won't eat it all. Maybe flakes one day then bloodworms the next :dunno:

Hi, someone else may be able to confirm but I don't think it's healthy to feed blood worms every day. I think it is supposed to be too high in protein and best for the occasional snack. I feed blood worms once a week. (this is just what I've been told though) - can anyone confirm or let me know if this is wrong?

Cheers

The only reason I started giving them bloodworms was because they wouldn't eat flakes. I think the pet shop feeds all their fish bloodworms every day so they probably are so used to that, they won't eat the flakes. The do eat flakes now, but they still like the worms more. I thought they were healthy though? My fish are definitely not fat :dunno:

• 3 weeks later...
My fish get fed when I think of it - once or twice a week. :roll:

They are very active and I do not have an algae problem :wink:

Less food less water problem.. :slfg: :slfg:

Poor fish Caryl.. thinking of my stomach, if not having any food for 12hrs i would be shaking"

would be good if fish are to be feed once a day.. :thup: