Beardie Breeders

redrachie

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all you rep ppl.... Stupid question but I was wondering about enclosures and why if it's best to have bigger tanks minimum of 1200 long that when looking at enclosures from shops etc the biggest they come is 900 long. Do you all make your own enclosures and would it be best to go down that avenue??

• 3 months later...

Hi there,

I've been lurking in the background on this forum for a while now, finally joined up to be able to post things :D.

I'm also looking to finding myself a new beardie friend in the near future. New tanks almost ready to go, just waiting on some more bulbs to arrive in the mail.

Also having a first attempt and building my own small scale "rock" platform for this tank. I think it's coming along quite well, if anyone wants to check it out when it's done :D.

I reside in Christchurch if there's anyone currently breeding near here.

Cheers :bounce:

Ohhhh yay for you! Thats super exciting! Ahh still looking for a baby :-(

Bugger, There was some very nice ones that all just sold on trademe yesterday in nelson.

I'm getting mine from Invercargill, that's prob too far away for you. but I saw someone on here is selling some coastal ones in gisborne.

• 1 month later...
It has been a bad year for beardies. The female that we bred for the last few years didn't want to know this year and everyone I speak to is saying the same thing. Everyone will be into it next year and they will sell for $20 each.

Yea I spent a long time trying to find an inland beardy this year, ended up paying $300 for him/her didn't want to wait another year :P. Pet stores are trying to sell them off for $450-$500

Don't think the price would drop that much looking at the prices of water dragons and blue tongues this year with so many of them around.