Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beardie Breeders

Featured Replies

Bugger, There was some very nice ones that all just sold on trademe yesterday in nelson.

I'm getting mine from Invercargill, that's prob too far away for you. but I saw someone on here is selling some coastal ones in gisborne.

Were listed on here and I still have them available.

  • Replies 79
  • Views 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got the one on trade me last night. surprised no one else bidded.. just have to get tank to the right consent temp..

I was too, he's the same fallow mines from, easy to deal with :).

Only problem atm is the pet couriers, the main one that goes down that far keeps cancelling their runs.

found one that will be down on the 30th. not sure if its a lot of people use though new to shipping dragons

damn temp is annoying me haha cold side all good hot side ahhh.. was 37ish now 47-50

ill get there in the end..

I was too, he's the same fallow mines from, easy to deal with :).

Only problem atm is the pet couriers, the main one that goes down that far keeps cancelling their runs.

In the persons defense you can buy the digital thermostats that also display temps, current, min, max etc.

But no need to be rude to the other guy :P not everyone wants to fork out the money for a stat. I don't have one.

You can also buy a thing like a light dimmer that controls the current and therefore the heat output. Some people use these and I have when starting out but a thermostat is way better and will control the temperature regardless of outside influences. They are dearer but in my view are worth it to keep your pet healthy.

If the flouro is for UV I would keep that and use a ceramic heat emitter instead of a bulb so you can then have lights as required instead of 24/7. Also get a thermostat to control the temperature if they don't have one. I use a ReptaProbe and have found them very good (unless the tubing to the probe gets damaged in an earthquake ---which hopefully you wont have to worry about).

In the persons defense you can buy the digital thermostats that also display temps, current, min, max etc.

But no need to be rude to the other guy :P not everyone wants to fork out the money for a stat. I don't have one.

some of you newbies on here really amaze me,want this ,want that and rush out and get it for big dollars,but don`t even have the clues to get the basic equipment needed??The sort of people i am always worried will end up with any of my babies?Others,i should add do everything needed included their homework and have everything they need before the critter arrives.

thanks for the help will look into putting one of them in

instead of the bulb. and yea the other is a UV tube

If the flouro is for UV I would keep that and use a ceramic heat emitter instead of a bulb so you can then have lights as required instead of 24/7. Also get a thermostat to control the temperature if they don't have one. I use a ReptaProbe and have found them very good (unless the tubing to the probe gets damaged in an earthquake ---which hopefully you wont have to worry about).

in my defense the person i got the dragon of is going to hold it so i can get set up.. have most things just temp was bugging me which will be fixed now because of the people helping.(i'm learning about this all the time that's why i'm asking questions before i get him so i can give him a good home.. not just "rushing out")

some of you newbies on here really amaze me,want this ,want that and rush out and get it for big dollars,but don`t even have the clues to get the basic equipment needed??The sort of people i am always worried will end up with any of my babies?Others,i should add do everything needed included their homework and have everything they need before the critter arrives.

thanks for all the help, its really appreciated i'm going with the Ceramic Heat emitter with a Thermostat.

just another quick question what watt would be best for a 1200mm X 400mm X 400mm tank ? 75 watt? 100 watt? just so meany different options.

thanks so much for the help one again.

I use a 100watt on a 1600x600x600 so either would probably be OK. I think it would depend more on your insulation and ambient temperature. I don't know where you are so that does not help.

thanks will most likely go for a 100watt i'm in Wanganui as well.

I use a 100watt on a 1600x600x600 so either would probably be OK. I think it would depend more on your insulation and ambient temperature. I don't know where you are so that does not help.
  • Author

hey godric!! nice beardie you got there!! !i was definately keen and had emails etc from that TM auction but my bad luck i could only get online at work and couldnt get TM assess for a few days!! so yup i would have bid. but lucky thanks to FACEAnthrax i have got one now from chch! well one coming. Have you got your pet courier sorted? as im going with mortley transport. Now i've just gotta get my rock wall finished and wait for my uvb bulbs i ordered to arrive and then get the temps or sorted for when he arrives!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.