Why is it still so cold?! Brrrr

I planted 20 or so pumpkins, mini pumpkins and gherkins over the weekend. Monday night frost killed them all. :( Have to reload my seed tray and try again in a couple weeks.

I did the same but it was the hail storm that killed my seedlings.

Where did you get your mini Pumkin seeds from Ira?

Ooooooo I am pumpkin obsessed. 56.gif I will have to get those seeds. :happy2: Too bad they don't come out at the right time of year though...we should be harvesting them now, not planting them! :facepalm:

Harvesting now, not planting? Everything I can see says plant them mid spring.

Halloween, Ira...

You know, that weird celebration where you have the opportunity to truamatise kids who come knocking on your door asking for sweets - or do you let the dog do that?

That holiday where fat little greedy hoodlums wander the streets wearing disguises to avoid identification while harassing good law abiding people and threatening them and their property if they're not paid off?

Nope, don't know it.

Ooh I love Halloween. Probably because I love horror movies and it is 2 days after my birthday :happy2: This year I'm planning to have my younger sister to stay the night and we're going to watch scary movies until late and I'm going to put up orange and black balloons and I'm just trying to think of what I'm going to do for my birthday cake ... something with a halloween theme :thup: And I have two of those plastic jack o lanterns that have lights inside them :thup: :happy2: because we don't have orange pumpkins here in NZ ... well, they don't sell them at the supermarket anyway... I guess I could carve a white skinned one as in the dark it doesn't matter what color it is because all you see are it's eyes, nose and mouth. But I've never carved a jack o lantern before... would probably end up cutting myself :lol: :facepalm: