were to buy large clown loaches

chris b

here's a link to loaches online where i posted the build and some plans.

http://forums.loaches.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22794/quote:1joq4lwh

nice size tank

100mm polystyrene may work well for your insulation

it kept my 3,000L pretty constant and just ran 2 300W jaegars to maintain temp

cool store wall panels may be an option to look at as well

2 big pond masters ran my 15,000L marine pretty well

spa pool pump also ran well also

cool store wall panels is a great idea i will defenitly be looking into that. I have a few pond master pumps on my watch list on tm

they should make some good flow for the clown

what sort of $ would everyone else exspect to pay for 1 15cm clown?? i don't want to offer to little to mickey_1975

i have paid $200 for 4 14cm clowns including freight from auckland i didn't no if that was a steel or not as i didn't really care i just wanted the fish so paid what the guy wanted

• 2 weeks later...

I have 6 large clowns that I am looking to sell. I don't just want to put them on Trademe as I've had them for a long time (the largest one for about 7 years) and am too attached to risk him/her just going to anybody...so was stoked to find this post (thanks google search)

The smallest is approx 14cm and the largest approx 18cm. The largest is very fat though....definitely not a long skinny loach like some I have seen.

If anyone is interested please let me know and we can sort out a price. I am based in Albany, Auckland.

I have 6 large clowns that I am looking to sell. I don't just want to put them on Trademe as I've had them for a long time (the largest one for about 7 years) and am too attached to risk him/her just going to anybody...so was stoked to find this post (thanks google search)

The smallest is approx 14cm and the largest approx 18cm. The largest is very fat though....definitely not a long skinny loach like some I have seen.

If anyone is interested please let me know and we can sort out a price. I am based in Albany, Auckland.

aaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww dont tempt me like that haha i would love to buy them but dont have enoth room in my 700L

wat sort of $ were you thinking? if you could hold on to them for anothere year i would love to take them

then they will be able to go into the big tank

Haha go on you know you want them!

I would love to hold on to them for good, but they have just started getting grumpy with each other due to the lack of space, and theres no way I'm allowed a bigger tank :(

I see some were recently sold on here for $75 each, so I'm thinking $400 would be a fair price for the group.

I am however wanting to get about 8 or so wee ones (as I cant imagine not having any) so am open to doing a deal if anyone has some suitable?

Haha go on you know you want them!

I would love to hold on to them for good, but they have just started getting grumpy with each other due to the lack of space, and theres no way I'm allowed a bigger tank :(

I see some were recently sold on here for $75 each, so I'm thinking $400 would be a fair price for the group.

I am however wanting to get about 8 or so wee ones (as I cant imagine not having any) so am open to doing a deal if anyone has some suitable?

what size tank have you got?

i currently have 20-25 clowns, about 10 are around 10cm 4 14cm the biggist 1 is about 19cm and the rest are about 8cm

3 15cm yoyo 5 4cm strata 5 3cm chains do you think more will fit the 700L for 1 year till i get the 12000L completed

if you do i would be keen as

(the ones i got for $75 were realy 10cm bar 1 maybe 14cm)

what size tank have you got?

i currently have 20-25 clowns, about 10 are around 10cm 4 14cm the biggist 1 is about 19cm and the rest are about 8cm

3 15cm yoyo 5 4cm strata 5 3cm chains do you think more will fit the 700L for 1 year till i get the 12000L completed

if you do i would be keen as

(the ones i got for $75 were realy 10cm bar 1 maybe 14cm)

My tank is only small, about 230L. Downsized when we moved house a year ago, and now have too many other commitments to put the time into anything bigger. (not to mention my partner who says NO! :))

As for your tank, I really don't know...I want to say yes, as its sounds like a great home for my clowns :D but only you can really make that call??

My tank is only small, about 230L. Downsized when we moved house a year ago, and now have too many other commitments to put the time into anything bigger. (not to mention my partner who says NO! :))

As for your tank, I really don't know...I want to say yes, as its sounds like a great home for my clowns :D but only you can really make that call??

hi no pics atm got about 50 in a 820L

that sounds awsome iv got 25ish and i thort that was lots haha.

Do you have any other fish in with them or is it a loach only tank?

what kind of filtration are you running?

if you ever wana sell yop no where i am :sml1: