O' RING LUBRICANT

wellmax

In a previous life,when I worked as a rubber technician I used to make what were called NAC rings which were an O ring for a carby on an aircraft. They were made from a very oil resistant synthetic called hycar. Had to be made by a technician and individually inspected with a magnifying glass and signed off by the technical manager. Good overtime perk for me but who knows what they would have cost. At least it kept the planes in the air I guess.

Good overtime perk for me but who knows what they would have cost. At least it kept the planes in the air I guess.

Probably $5000, requires installation in your cannister filter by a certified aviation mechanic at $200/hour then inspections after every 100 hours of usage and annually. Also has a 2000 hour time between replacement.:P

Probably $5000, requires installation in your cannister filter by a certified aviation mechanic at $200/hour then inspections after every 100 hours of usage and annually. Also has a 2000 hour time between replacement.:P

Probably not far off there :). I know our policy is to replace all o-rings or gaskets whenever you disassemble an item.. Kinda makes sense though an analogy they use when we do our training is you cant just pull up on a cloud if you break down or something goes wrong. It gets even more hard out when you start delving into all the mil-spec bits..