Our poor pussy cat :o(

Our cat Mischief is 12 years old. Tonight she has been nipping at her sides and jumping and running around the house. She is treated for fleas with Revolution monthly. I felt both her sides and can't feel any lumps or anything. Then when hubby went to bed she jumped onto the bed and was sitting there and started nipping again and she was watching the blanket and her tail and nipping at thin air. :(

Have to make an appointment at the vet tomorrow.

Thankfully, it couldn't have happened at a better time. While we have the money to spend on tests. I just hope it's nothing serious.

What was the out come? Not sure cats do this with thyroid issues, though I'm not a vet and doubt that there are any qualified vets that frequent here, prove me wrong :P

Made a vet appointment for Saturday at 3pm. That way the whole family ie hubby, me and the kids can all go. The kids esp. Abby are very fond of the cats. Apparently Mischief is Abbys favourite cat LOL Mind you, she scratched/bit Abby this morning for no reason when Abby went to pat her and Abby said Mischief is mean LOL So maybe Cleo is her favourite now lol

She isn't doing it all the time. It seems to happen in the morning and again in the evening. She hasn't done it (that we have seen) at all since about 4pm yesterday.

A vet would tell you that you can't diagnose over the internet. This cat sounds like it will need a good thorough checkover and maybe some blood tests to figure out what is wrong.

Hyperaesthesia simply means "abnormal increase in sensitivity" - it sounds like something that would be diagnosed only if all other tests came back negative but the symptoms still persist.... and (as said in the wiki) it is rare. Anything can increase sensitivity - a cut, abscess, dermatitis, sore tummy, headache - all of these would make me a bit twitchy!

Good luck on saturday, hopefully you get an answer and she can be treated. Until then, it is likely the vet will ask you how much she is drinking and peeing each day, whether she is eating, and if she has diarrhoea, so until Sat maybe pay attention to these things as they might give important information.

Well, just keep your eyes open for anything out of the ordinary for the next few days. Cats are often not very helpful when it comes to these things, far too private :roll: Sometimes if they jump up and drink out of places like the sink/bath/basin/ shower, that might be a sign they are drinking more than they normally do. But then, some cats just drink out of the shower routinely anyway!

I gave up on putting water in a bowl years ago because they just don't drink it... they just go and drink water outside or from the handbasin tap or shower. I put water into Mischiefs bowl today and she sniffed it and walked away. Then later she was drinking water from the shower box. :dunno: