Our poor pussy cat :o(

Yes I love having one of the cats snuggled up with me in bed on a cold winters night :love:

That's one thing I like about winter lol In summer the cats usually want nothing to do with us and spend most of the day and night outside. In winter they are inside most of the time... they only really go out to go to the toilet and then they want to come straight back in again. Sometimes they stand by the door so I open it and then when they realize how cold it is out there they turn around and decide they don't want to go out after all lol Speaking of which, we need a cat door lol

I remember reading a funny thing about cats online once and one of the things it said was that a cat will only want to sit on your lap when they jump up there themselves. If you put them on your lap they will jump off, but will come back a few minutes later :roll: :lol: That is so true! Unless it's their idea they are not interested. :lol:

A vet would tell you that you can't diagnose over the internet. This cat sounds like it will need a good thorough checkover and maybe some blood tests to figure out what is wrong.

Hyperaesthesia simply means "abnormal increase in sensitivity" - it sounds like something that would be diagnosed only if all other tests came back negative but the symptoms still persist.... and (as said in the wiki) it is rare. Anything can increase sensitivity - a cut, abscess, dermatitis, sore tummy, headache - all of these would make me a bit twitchy!

Good luck on saturday, hopefully you get an answer and she can be treated. Until then, it is likely the vet will ask you how much she is drinking and peeing each day, whether she is eating, and if she has diarrhoea, so until Sat maybe pay attention to these things as they might give important information.

I know FHS is rare but apparently more common in oriental breeds like Siamese. Mischief has some Tonkinese in her.

Ok so the vet phoned yesterday afternoon to say all the bloods came back normal and there was just a slight change in the urine .. whatever that means :dunno: Apparently her liver and kidneys are fine. She said we can either monitor her and go from there or we can book her in for a day and have her blood pressure and heart checked out. Since she hasn't been doing the nipping thing since we have come home from staying with my parents on Sunday evening, we're just going to monitor her for now. If she does it again, then I will book her in for the day.

And I've put water down with their food again, but don't think either of them have drunk any of it. :dunno: They do spend at least half their time outside most days so they must drink water out there.... :o

I wouldn't worry too much if you don't see them drinking, only if you see them constantly drinking IYKWIM? They probably drink out of puddles and the dog next doors bowl :lol:

Good news about liver and kidneys, and that she has stopped acting strange. Hopefully the threat of a day at the vets has cured her of her weird ways ;)

:o( I hope it's nothing serious.

I love Birmans. My favourite cat! I was going to get one in 1999 when I moved into this place by myself but I was too impatient back then... had to wait 12 weeks and I couldn't wait that long :lol: :oops: But I was really lonely! Now I have a whole family. I was thinking recently about Birmans.... maybe when Mischief dies (which will hopefully be from old age) I will get a Birman. I also like Ragdolls...

Our other cat Cleo is about 9-10 years old. She is happy and healthy. :)

I LOVE ragdolls, they are beautiful and so chilled out. :love:

Yeah apparently they are good cats to have if you have kids! Although, our ginger tabby Cleo is pretty chilled out and rarely bites or scratches... she is very tolerant. However, Mischief is totally intolerant... doesn't take much of anything to make her get shitty and bite/scratch. She's always been like that since she was a kitten lol

You mention that you regularly give her the Revolution anti-flea.

It seems fleas and developing resistance to these topical anti-flea treatments more and more. My mum was using Advantage on her cat then he started showing classic flea-allergy symptoms. She found the vet was quite rude about it, telling her she must be doing it wrong. Then I heard from elsewhere about the increasing cases of resistance, so mum tried a different topical anti-flea and the cat is now back to his beautiful old self.

Is worth giving it a go. Just look at what the active ingredient is in the Revolution and find another topical anti-flea with a different ingredient. BLAMMO! Dead fleas ;)

Even if you think your cat doesn't have fleas, they can be a bit subtle sometimes. Is worth a go as it is an easy fix if that is what is wrong. then just keep rotating the anti-fleas to avoid resistance in the future.

One of my work colleagues has a cat that had a severe reaction to Frontline, it would cause a large weeping sore where at the site of treatment. She has tried Revolution and Advantage, but the same happens with as well.

You mention that you regularly give her the Revolution anti-flea.

It seems fleas and developing resistance to these topical anti-flea treatments more and more. My mum was using Advantage on her cat then he started showing classic flea-allergy symptoms. She found the vet was quite rude about it, telling her she must be doing it wrong. Then I heard from elsewhere about the increasing cases of resistance, so mum tried a different topical anti-flea and the cat is now back to his beautiful old self.

Is worth giving it a go. Just look at what the active ingredient is in the Revolution and find another topical anti-flea with a different ingredient. BLAMMO! Dead fleas ;)

Even if you think your cat doesn't have fleas, they can be a bit subtle sometimes. Is worth a go as it is an easy fix if that is what is wrong. then just keep rotating the anti-fleas to avoid resistance in the future.

I have heard of that happening. I will have to have a look at her. If she has fleas I'll find them LOL I used to de-flea the cats by hand. Been doing it for years. Honestly though, if it's fleas I doubt what she is doing would be because of fleas, as she has never done this before and she has spent years of her life not being treated with Revolution and she never did this before.

& you still need to treat for tapeworms if you are using revolution as it doesnt cover them. have you considered its your cats diet? mine cant eat any of the cat biscuits that have bright colours, they poo & vomit within hours of eating them.

Only if they have tapeworms. And Revolution kills the flea larvae and fleas, hence the cat doesn't ingest fleas so cannot get tapeworm. Tapeworms come from fleas. Unless they get the other type of tapeworm that comes from rodents/birds. The vet told me it was best to worm them about 1-2x a year. I've done my homework :lol:

Only if they have tapeworms. And Revolution kills the flea larvae and fleas, hence the cat doesn't ingest fleas so cannot get tapeworm. Tapeworms come from fleas. Unless they get the other type of tapeworm that comes from rodents/birds. The vet told me it was best to worm them about 1-2x a year. I've done my homework :lol:

Sorry forgot to say I'd already treated (wormed) both cats when I found the tapeworm on me from Cleo. So they've been wormed. Then I treated them with the Revolution and have been doing it each month since.

I don't think it's the food as it's only just started happening and they've both been on a biscuit only diet for years. But I've recently started buying Dine for them to have as well. Because they are sick of biscuits. I think I would be too if I ate them every day of my life lol

And I'm putting water down for them but they just don't drink it. :dunno: Yet, Mischief still goes into the showerbox to drink water from it lol :facepalm:

I don't think it's the food as it's only just started happening and they've both been on a biscuit only diet for years. But I've recently started buying Dine for them to have as well. Because they are sick of biscuits. I think I would be too if I ate them every day of my life lol

did it start after starting them on dine?

Yeah apparently they are good cats to have if you have kids! l

although a Ragdoll and a young child might not be a great mix because the raggie can be too tolerant and end up getting hurt.

we have a ragdoll and a Birman, both GREAT cats

did it start after starting them on dine?

No it was before. That's why I got the Dine... thinking maybe it had something to do with her diet. She's actually been happier since we started the Dine. I didn't see her do the crazy thing for about 10 days.

And I took her collar (with bell) off last night thinking maybe it was that that is annoying her and making her go crazy... so we will see. But she has been wearing it for about the last 6 months.

although a Ragdoll and a young child might not be a great mix because the raggie can be too tolerant and end up getting hurt.

we have a ragdoll and a Birman, both GREAT cats

Oh really? Wow. Well our kids are 4 almost 5, and 7. But my 4 year old is Autistic and still has a way to go with learning to be gentle and nice to our cats. :roll: :lol: She still gets the occasional scratch/bite.