High Tech Planted Tank UPDATE 06.10.2012 now closed down

si_sphinx

your tank is amazing dude!! this is the inspiration for my new tank thats currently being built going for the same sort of look with planting and such. just a couple questions where did you get the lights from and what brand are they? also do they come with just 2 mh's or only in the 3 like yours? thanks :nfs:

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your tank is amazing dude!! this is the inspiration for my new tank thats currently being built going for the same sort of look with planting and such. just a couple questions where did you get the lights from and what brand are they? also do they come with just 2 mh's or only in the 3 like yours? thanks :nfs:

Have a look on aliexpress.com

There is different sizes. I got the biggest. The smaller ones have 1 or 2 MHs.

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/408931034.html

• 1 year later...
Yes I have a dry mix of ferts that I will mix up 500ml of solution at a time.

I don't really know dosage rates just yet. I will figure it out when I get it running and plants get going. It will also depend on how much plants I have in the tank.

I was thinking I would start with 5ml/50ltrs every 2-3 days and go from there. I won't have any fish in there until I get it right.

The fertilizer solution is:

Macros

Magnesium Sulphate (2%)

Potassium Nitrate (3%)

Potassium Sulphate (8%)

Micros

Trace elements (4%) (iron,copper,boron,zinc,molybdenum,manganese and magnesium)

RO Water (83%)

Full lighting won't be fully used if algae presents itself straight away and Co2 won't be started for a week or 2 untill the plants have settled in.

Any comments or something I should be thinking about or missed?

Hi, Im using liquid fertilizers at the moment and it seems to be very costly. I have previously read that dry fertilizers are cheaper and brings out great results too, Can you please say where I can buy the dry fertilizers from. Thanks