High Tech Planted Tank UPDATE 06.10.2012 now closed down

si_sphinx

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heaps of different types of hinges out there, some are quite pricey but I guess it depends on what you want to do vs what you can do. i.e. hidden hinge vs display hinge ( ornate art deco hinges mite look nice on that )

For my doors I just found something that was the same height as the bottom of the door and rested the doors on that, then I held the hinge in place and marked on the door and the base where the holes were and drilled a tiny hole. Worked perfectly except I cut my doors with a hand saw and they were a little uneven :sml1:

I can put normal hinges on easily but I have got hidden soft close hinges and have never installed them before. My doors are 20mm wider than the opening and on all my kitchen cupboard doors they are only 5mm. I'm worried the doors won't open because they have too much overlap. Can anyone help me with this that knows what I am talking about?

I can put normal hinges on easily but I have got hidden soft close hinges and have never installed them before. My doors are 20mm wider than the opening and on all my kitchen cupboard doors they are only 5mm. I'm worried the doors won't open because they have too much overlap. Can anyone help me with this that knows what I am talking about?

bring it over and ask dad he will know

Haven't done much work on the stand in the last few weeks.

Ive ordered the new sump to be built, and the 1st 5 fish have been ordered as well :happy1:

Various things have come in the post, sheets of filter foam :happy2: Overflow combs for sump and tank, more plants, and still waiting for the heater and Co2 regulator to turn up.

Got the hinges sorted. Another $30 to buy this set to drill the right size hole in the cupboard doors.

100_0094.jpg

And 1st coat of under coat done 2 and a half hours later...

100_0095.jpg

I had a 5kg bottle on my 6 footer (6x2x2') and in order to keep the drop checker greeny-orange with an inline diffuser I would go through the bottle once every couple of months. You have a ton of light over this tank so your CO2 and ferts' amounts will need to be big in order to keep up.