Flowerhorn 0% eggs hatch

Jaxxnz

Damm guys my flowerhorn produce no offspring.. :facepalm:

second day as i could see a little bit of eggs gone white, today all eggs are gone..

iam guessing this may be another male fish issue.. :gigl:

come to think of it, another member i think Ryan was mention the problem of fish fale to hatch their eggs proporly due to the exporter is fiddling with the fish before they export them out..

This could be right as this would stop breeder fans like us to reproducing offspring, they would love this as their fish supply business would be increasing.. :digH:

Yeah I did mention it in another thread, obviously I cannot back it up, but it sometimes seems that the fish we are dealing with have had something done with them to ensure they produce none or a very small amount of viable babies and it would certainly make sense..

Of course it is also very possible that there is something not suitable with the conditions in your tank, your male hasn't quite matured yet, or there is something wrong with him..

Damm guys my flowerhorn produce no offspring.. :facepalm:

second day as i could see a little bit of eggs gone white, today all eggs are gone..

iam guessing this may be another male fish issue.. :gigl:

come to think of it, another member i think Ryan was mention the problem of fish fale to hatch their eggs proporly due to the exporter is fiddling with the fish before they export them out..

This could be right as this would stop breeder fans like us to reproducing offspring, they would love this as their fish supply business would be increasing.. :digH:

It used to be that flowerhorns were considered to all be sterile like most hybrids of two different species.

Initially I thought the same Ira, but I remember there are people who have bred them in NZ I think it was thefishtank who used to breed them by the hundred.. Maybe it is a case of not many of them being fertile due to being hybrids? I guess it is hard to know, take your fish to the vet and get it to do a sample in a container and then get a sperm count down :)

to the vet and get it to do a sample in a container and then get a sperm count down :)

My flowerhorn was well mature, i normally wracked 80% of existing tank water into a new breeding tank, so water wouldnt be the main issue that cause eggs not hatching..

i am going to try to bid for a microscope on trademe.. :digH: :digH:

i might try this wth my red spotted severums, which also are having problems being breed in nz

I was actually taking the piss, but I guess if you were to siphon some of the sperm straight off the eggs if you were to witness the fish in the act and then look at it under a microscope you should see something? Only a guess though..