July 22, 201115 yr comment_447734 I have a issue with my Guppy tank i have the temp set to 26c but it spikes and drops from 24.7 to 27.3 is this ok or is the heater dieing? Its a 150W in a 60L tank. Also temp probe is on other side of tank from heater Report
July 22, 201115 yr comment_447735 Your problem might be not enough circulation? Maybe most of the hot water is staying down one end it could also be the room temperature, making it fluctuate. Is it insulated? Report
July 22, 201115 yr comment_447738 What brand is the heater? A big heater on a small tank will be more prone to temp fluctuations depending on the quality of the thermostat in the heater.. Report
July 22, 201115 yr comment_447743 I wouldn't worry about a range like that as it will be happening reasonably slowly. Report
July 22, 201115 yr comment_447749 I agree with Alan. You are only talking about a difference of 2 and a half degrees. As said, room temperature can make a difference. Report
July 22, 201115 yr comment_447752 That would be a pretty normal hysteresis for most heater thermostats Report
July 22, 201115 yr Author comment_447753 Its not insulated I have moved the temp probe around so the temps changing all over the tank Its in the lounge so it gos from 10c over night to 20ish when the heaters on Ill pull the heater out when i do tank clean today I think its a juwel but ill check (i do know its old so that could be the issue) finally the temp changes throughout all the day so if thats to to much of a problem i wont worry about it as much Report
July 22, 201115 yr Author comment_447757 Oh I do however have a heater grad on it could this affect it? Report
July 23, 201115 yr comment_447772 Like alan says, sounds like normal hysteresis. May help to increase circulation a bit, but I wouldn't worry about it. it's not a big change and it likely is over a few hours anyway. Oh I do however have a heater grad on it could this affect it? A what? Report
July 23, 201115 yr comment_447774 Like a heater protector? I have one on my turtle tank, and it doesn't affect the temperature. Report
July 23, 201115 yr Author comment_447804 yeah protector (fail speller here lol) I didn't think it was a issue the red spot loves sitting on it Report
July 23, 201115 yr comment_447943 Shouldn't make any diference. Stop worrying you don't have a problem. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.