Peru Altum angels

David R

They arent the true "peru angels". The just angels guy on trademe was telling me HFF said they could get them but they would be $150 each in which he declined the offer. I havent seen the true peru altum in NZ

Do you mean True Altum Angels? (P. altum)

If so I agree, they are not here and would be very expensive to get (and difficult to keep)

But the strain of normal P. scalare called "Peru Altum" (because it resembles P. altum a little bit and originates from peru I think) is fairly common and was sold on TM by Phill for around 4 juv for $25 from memory.

Thanks Phil, I had thought about that, and if I had the space I'd certainly be keen to get a pair and breed my own group as I'm after a large number of them, but alas, no spare tanks for raising the fry and no spare space for the breeding pair.

And no spare space for more tanks before you offer me some of them too! :lol:

Hi

Im the original importer of them from the Amazon River via Peru..

These now are true F2 as second generation same as the black marble here.

Few others have them as very young when sold but feel the they now have lost the wild strain

I dont x breed them...$ 80 a pair i think is a fair price for fish that have been here over this time..These are just about 18 months old now...Phill

Hi where do you sell the young? I bought some black angels and some silvers from Pukepkuke aquarium.

How do you tell a black marbel from a normal black?

And if my silvers have the 3 stripe with the long fins that have a brilliant blue on their finds and a slight gold on the dorsal fin.

I know they are probably not the really nice ones but to me I can't tell the difference.

Image_14.jpg

don't have a good pic of the blacks

Captive bred will be much hardier than wilds, most likely. They're on the list too...

I've also seen altum X scalare (a nice altum-looking form of) which, although not pure altum, gave nearly the same look while being much more robust and tolerant. I'd be happy to get my mits on either...

The other altum is from the other side of the of the móuntions so that why they dont get to market as no airlines to bring out wild caught..Video could just as well be wild caught and exported to any where,,,,Peru altums are very tough as i have never lost any young at all but not to easy to get to breed as need the amazon seasons...Listing pairs on t/me today and only have 3 pairs and all gone so if want to keep going then be in quick

Cheers Phill