what is this synodontis?

henward

I do remember an article that someone (I think it was firenz) posted a few years back that he found on planet catfish and it said that most synos are hybrids, and a bent dorsal fin can be a good indication of it.. Might be a good thing to search for and have a read up on? I know I have seen plenty of randoms in NZ that don't really seem to match any real type.. It does look like the cuckoos are good though so that is a good thing :)

person selling it says eruptus.

eruptus is the most common one also known as featherfin.

has many many spots, almost some are stripey oval spots.

the occelated is heaps of spots on it but i agree, its close to that.

any ideas?

so if most are hybrids, then there is no way of really pinpointing this species it may not actually be an officia one

Have you mixed up your auction link? You asked on my auction what my one was and I said eupterus. However that link is not to my fish and that link looks nothing like my fish either. Just to clear up lol. There are no comments on the auction you linked to that say "eupterus" he only says featherfin.

sorry yes

i mixed it up :slfg:

my bad

i was looking at another!

:facepalm:

i take it back guys

this is the problem when you have a fish addiction and juggling multiple auctions

anyways, what is this synodontis?

straight from the horses mouth

Sorry I cant post a link to my own auction. And I dont have any photos of the fish in question currently as he is being looked after by my flatmate while I house sit.

But I am 99.999% sure he is a eupterus. He started off with the spots being longer like you described, but as they grow the spots round out and become further apart. Although no where near as far apart as you above link!!!

I will post a photo of the closest match to him so others can see if maybe Im wrong.

He looks just like the fish in this link.

http://www.aquariumlife.net/profiles/african-catfish/featherfin-catfish/100062.asp

sorry yes

i mixed it up :slfg:

my bad

i was looking at another!

i take it back guys

this is the problem when you have a fish addiction and juggling multiple auctions

anyways, what is this synodontis?

straight from the horses mouth