kinbote's tank

Kinbote

Nice tank, antwan. :D

In case anyone's interested, here's a couple of shots of my planted tank which only has about 50w of 'daylight' fluorescent lighting (further reduced by the blackwater treatment and floating plants) and never gets any fertiliser or CO2.

These are right after I pruned out about a bucket full of ambulia.

PICT4876.jpg

PICT4961.jpg

Thanks for the replies. :D

Not much in it at the moment; a dozen rosy tetras, 2 megalechis thoracata (or whatever hoplos are called now) and 8 brochis splendens.

The wood is tea tree that I stripped and cleaned to give it kind of a flooded forest feel.

The plants are sitting in aquabasis under the sand, but not very much of it as I transferred it and the plants from an old tank about half the size. I was using fertiliser and liquid CO2 back then but haven't bothered to since I moved everything into the new tank 6 or 7 months ago, and I still have to prune pretty regularly to stop it getting completely out of hand.

Here's another shot taken today where you can see the mass of floating plants on the right. Not sure what those are or how they got there, either...

PICT5019.jpg

can i ask where you got the driftwood from?

The verticals and the big branch lying down are tea tree from my property, the thick bogwood type ones lying down are from Hollywood but they're sold at all the fish shops in Auckland.

Yeah, some corys with that peppered look would blend in pretty nicely with the gravel on sand base I've got, but I went for the brochis splendens because I thought corys would be too delicate to handle the hoplos barging into them all the time like senior drivers...