AR980 planted tank log

Foxjxa

• 3 weeks later...

I just found eggs!!

The female agassizi found an awkward spot on the driftwood that is partially obscured on one side by grass and by a stone on the other - easy enough for her to defend but almsot impossible to take pictures of. She's being a very attentive mother, fanning the eggs and staunching out any fish silly enough to come near.

I've currently got a bad case of green water going on, (which I am hoping to get rid of with daphnia), so it's very lucky she decided to pick a spot close to the glass otherwise I might never have known! I plan on leaving the eggs in there with her and seeing how things go, it is her first time after all.

SO EXCITED! :happy1:

• 3 weeks later...

What's going on here?

wrigglers1.jpg

Pick anything out apart from the crazy piece of grass? No? This fuzzy image might help...

wrigglers2.jpg

:happy2:

I counted just over 20 little bouncing babies a few minutes ago. The first batch of eggs were all eaten by day three, but the two agassizi obviously had another shot at it in a different location and now mummy-fish has moved them onto this rock! I'm so happy!

• 1 year later...