The What's Up? thread.

SamH

Badis don't need a species tank, they are happy milling about the bottom of a tank and don't take much notice of other fish at all. Mine rarely went for processed food but was very happy on microworms, mozzies etc. They have mini fish wars between themselves only and generally view the other fast moving fish with suspicion.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So they'd be okay competing with neons? The tank will be heavily planted of course. If so, what M/F ratio would you have? Just one male and a couple of females?

if you can get females I think they are good as a pair or a trio, but I don't think there have been any around. I think Deepsound had something to say about ratios last year in his thread. They don't compete with other fish, they tolerate them like a cat tolerates a dog. When I had them with the CPDs they would mill about and if a CPD went near they stop and look at them with a sort of 'who ARE you' look on their face. At feeding time they would swim about interested but they weren't as fast as the CPDs so I had to try to disperse the live food about in such a way as everyone got some. Plenty of times I'd fire in some food to the badis and they would be eyeing it up slowly, then it would get chomped in front of their eyes by a CPD. As long as you have microworms they won't go hungry. In fact even if you don't they still may not as they spend most of the day hunting about picking off things they find, eyeing the bottom of the tank and looking in nooks and crannies. They are interesting little fish.

I am now the proud owner of a Blue Ram :happy1:

:spop:

They are interesting little fish.

Would they be TOO little for my tank? 75x35x35 roughly, would I still see them?

how do people qoute just one or two sentences from a post? for the life of me i cant work out how

If you hit reply then scroll down there's a topic review below the box where you write your reply. Hit quote as many times as you like from the posts below. All quotes are is a selection of text with the quote tags at each end.

Don't believe all the quotes you see on the internet

they are the only fresh water fish i realllly like! :thup:

i went to get 1 with my friends yesterday for his tank but too expensive for them ($21)

Yeah i payed a similar price. Awesome Fish Tho :thup:

PICS!

-There not fully in focus because the glass was dirty and if focused on the glass :facepalm:

DSC04820.jpg

DSC04815.jpg

DSC04811.jpg

how do people qoute just one or two sentences from a post? for the life of me i cant work out how

If you hit reply then scroll down there's a topic review below the box where you write your reply. Hit quote as many times as you like from the posts below. All quotes are is a selection of text with the quote tags at each end.

I am now the proud owner of a Blue Ram :happy1:

Would they be TOO little for my tank? 75x35x35 roughly, would I still see them?

I don't think so. They mill about all over and develop little territories. When I had 2 males 1 would live mostly around the driftwood and the other would roam the rest of the tank bottom. When I rescaped the tank and changed the driftwood the 2nd one disappeared and then the remaining one patrolled the whole bottom.

If you got some and decided I was completely crazy I'm sure you'd find homes for them pretty easily.