The What's Up? thread.

SamH

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

haha you sound like my husband. I set the alarm for 555am yesterday so we could go fishing and he was snoozy all afternoon, went to bed early and then slept in this morning.

what do you guys sell at market?

in other news I turned the last 2 mini pavlovas into a combination of my 2 favourite desserts. My husband made the custard inner of a milk tart, I let it set and then put spoonfuls on a plate with the broken meringue, passionfruit and spray cream. I have to go for a walk now as that was preceded by roast chicken and I'm not sure my delicate constitution will let me sleep otherwise.

:happy1: :cofn:

ooh what did you bake?

Mini passionfruit cakes - they were delicious and spongy! I baked mini carrot cakes, learnt how to get the icing right, made pesto, hollaindaise sauce, french toast, eggs bene, berry crumble, mini pizzas and creamy mushroom sauce.

Oh the joys of working in a cafe and having to learn a whole new menu haha. However, it's nice being able to try out new recipes and getting to sample the finished product before messing up my own kitchen!

I need to find someone who will bake for me because it's just not the same now. :cry: You're welcome to come to my house and bake muffins if you wish haha.

Today i'm on a mission to find some small jars because I have a huge (shopping bag size!) bag of overripe strawberries from the market specifically for jam making, and two punnets to eat all by myself. Yum! And my blueberry bush is producing fruit like crazy, and even my raspberries are making a late appearance. Oooh the great organic berry glut of 2012, I am so happy!

oooh that sounds good! I used to be in charge of the kitchen in a cafe, it was awesome just making whatever came to mind. Ate so many eggs bene it was ridiculous, but soooo tasty!

Speaking of berries, I'm making a blackberry and rhubarb pie tonight, looking forward to it!