Does your club have a Facebook page?

Zev

I believe you need to log in and join the group before you can see things

So what you are saying is that anyone who does not have a Facebook account cannot see what your club is up to? Sounds like a good way of excluding people to me.

So what you are saying is that anyone who does not have a Facebook account cannot see what your club is up to? Sounds like a good way of excluding people to me.

Even if you do have a facebook account you can't see :tears: I had to request to join, awaiting membership now :spop:

There are 'Facebook pages', and 'Facebook groups.' More info about the differences can be found here.

'FB pages' require anyone who is interested to 'like' the page and anyone who is not a member of FB can see the page and its contents. With this sort of page you can also get a 'vanity url' once you have 25 members (e.g. http://www.facebook.com/FNZAS as opposed to a random lot of numbers and symbols after the Facebook bit).

'FB groups' can be open or closed and are more for small communities but you must be logged in to see them.

The FB group for Chch Totally Tanked is open but because it is a group page, it is not visible to everyone. Our club may need to look at changing that...but unfortunately, 'groups' cannot be transferred into 'pages' so your members will have to like/join the new page again. Maybe other clubs would like to consider doing this change for their clubs so we can make these pages more accessible to prospective members.

Happy to help if anyone wants some assistance in making this happen. :wave:

Josh... I can't see anything! and before you ask, no, I do not have a Facebook login.

Even if you do have a facebook account you can't see :tears: I had to request to join, awaiting membership now

I will approve all the member requests later, have managed to see the requests but can't seem to approve them on my phone.. Will have to look into the page types and stuff because the page is very hard to find and if it isn't being seen by people then it isn't really promoting anything.

As far as I can see... You can't make an event if you're a page whereas a group can. Therefore I think it's better to stay as a group.

I love the TT facebook page. There's been lots of non-member interaction on it recently, nice to see what other Chchians are up to (who may not be interested in joining/using the foum). And soooo handy as a way to get RSVPs to meetings in the event function. I highly recommend it as a communication tool within a club!