New here, pic of our tank at home

Hdoubleu

Hello all,

My partner are I new to the forums and relativly new to the hobby (got out first tank Sept last year) we are learning new things everyday. I enjoy sitting and watching them, especially when they eat.

At home we have a tropical fresh water community tank about 165L (pic below).

In it we have: 3 Moonlight Gourami

2 Dwarf Blue Gourami

3 Sunset Plattys

2 Red Wag Plattys

6 Harlequin Rasbora

6 Neon Tetras

5 Rummy Nose Tetra

3 Glass Cats

1 Brown Bristlenose

1 Golden Bristlenose and a few platty fry.

p1010014w.jpg

I look forward to hearing your feed back and suggestions

Looks great, might be better with a background poster though?

What kind of filter are you running? I'm not an expert on stocking, but it seems to me like you might be slightly overstocked.. Someone else will probably have to weigh in to be sure though, lol.

Yeah looks good, even something black slid in behind the tank can make a good back drop...

Stocking could be on the higher side but should be ok if you keep an eye on things, those moonlights can get pretty big.

Have you considered joining the fish club in Palmy? They meet once a month on Sundays it would be a great way to learn more about fish and meet some other fish keepers.. They are a pretty good bunch :)

We have a fluval U3 and agree that the tank is overstocked however we don't seem to have any problems at the moment.

Looking into a new tank in the next couple of days as well.

The background is a little average but the backgrounds in the shops around here are just as average at the moment. Will have to have a look around when we go to Wellington.

What, it does! :oops:

I agree BigBoss - The seaview adhesive that is put out for this purpose looks & feels like KY Jel. Def makes a huge difference with the backgrounds... all you guys rolling on the ground laughing clearly have some at home, try it! :thup:

I agree BigBoss - The seaview adhesive that is put out for this purpose looks & feels like KY Jel. Def makes a huge difference with the backgrounds... all you guys rolling on the ground laughing clearly have some at home, try it! :thup:

More bang for our buck, would you say? :gigl: