Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Moyas 460L setup

Featured Replies

Hey guys! So I thought I'd do a thread for pictures as I setup my new 460L and begin the planting. First some specs.

143.5cm long

55cm wide

65cm high

The length dimension is a bit of a strange one because It was made to fit an unusually sized stand I and a friend made. The stand itself is steel, with extra 2 by 4 wood bracing, and marine ply on the top, back and sides. This has all been painted black. Its a pretty short stand (53cm high) but should make if a perfect height for viewing from the couch. Over the next few weeks I'm going to sort out the front panel for the stand, which will be a single piece of ply that will be velcroed on to the front for easy access to external filters etc. Hood also needs to be constructed too, once i feel a bit richer.

This is going to be a planted tank, so lighting is two 4' GLO t5's I already have, as well as possibly a 3' GLO t5 from another tank and then a t8 for night lighting. The tank is quite deep, so I know im going to struggle to have any real success on growing carpeting plants on the bottom, but im going to give it a whirl and see what happens. For filtration Im throwing a couple of external eheims on it for the moment, a 2224 and a 2213.

My discus are going in this one, 7 in total, along with my clown loaches and then some tetras and other filler fish. Possibly male espei rasboras? Or maybe just cardinals.

I picked up the tank today from Greg Kingston (thanks Greg!) and with the help of 3 others got it out the back into my room, ready and waiting on its stand for next weekend, when I will start all the real work on setting it up.

But anyway! Here it is.

fullshotjo.jpg

fullshotv.jpg

  • Replies 81
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i bet the discus enjoy that tank shape, nice work. it would make a sick tang tank but i would say that :lol:

+1 :lol:

You'll love the low stand, makes working on it so much easier and is much better for viewing sitting down. The stand on my 1400L is only 45cm high and its perfect IMO.

  • Author

Thanks for the comments guys! I'm super excited to be stocking it. For the planting mostly to tell you the truth!

As to the liters, 460L was worked out taking into consideration the 12mm glass thickness.

Thanks for the comments guys! I'm super excited to be stocking it. For the planting mostly to tell you the truth!

As to the liters, 460L was worked out taking into consideration the 12mm glass thickness.

so the thickness of the glass can take about 50L off???

  • Author
so the thickness of the glass can take about 50L off???

I know right. Ridiculous. But yeah, about that.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.