200 watt heater in a 240 litre aquarium?

HummingBird

in defense of alan, the dimensions can be important rather than just volume.

if the 200 litre tank is more like a cube then fair enough - one heater.

if it was a long shallow narrow tank - two heaters, one at either end - or cold spots galore.

I dont mind what method peeps use for describing their tanks, but the advice will be more accurate if we get all the info.

:)

Just as a side note:

Would it be best to place the heater close to the outlet flow of the filter so that the water is warmed when the water enters the tank and then gets pushed around? :-?

Better than placing a heater in an area of the tank where there is no circulation.

Just an opinion. What do you guys think? Placement of heater is also important. I have placed my heater next to my spray bar expecting it to heat the water and have it pushed around the tank.

It is a good idea but remember the heater will create its own circulation (as the hot water rises), its more important to make sure there are no areas with no circulation or you will get cold spots. It might be better to put the heater into the dead spot to get the circulation going??