hamilton 400

anthony law

Ford FTW for me :bounce: but GZ_Loach is right, as far as the race cars are concerned they're pretty much the same car.

It's raining in Christchurch so I have the perfect excuse to spend all day watching it on the tele' :happy1:

here as well!!

Fords all the way, go gissy.

They do run the same diff and g/box but different brakes and engines.

The only similarity to a road car is the shape.

The skyline was a very different car to the v8's, a bit like comparing the new GTR versus the Audi in the latest 12hr at Bathurst.

Smidey, there may not have been any Fords on pole but who won the ITM400 round overall?

Gissy in a Ford, i had tears in my eyes when he crossed the finishing line because it was a monumental thing for....

A, Gissy to get his first race win and first round win :happy1:

B, a kiwi winning the NZ round :happy1:

C, a ford winning the ITM 400 :happy2:

D, recieving the Mark Porter trophy is a huge & probably emotional thing (RIP Mark :cry: )

E, Stone Bros (locals) winning the ITM400 :happy1:

He an awesome guy that deserves the win, woulda hugged him if i could have, a massive win for the kiwis and the ford fans.

11 Fords versus 17 Holdens

this is the one thing i really enjoy about the super cars, the rivalry between holden & ford.

It was indeed a good result for the reasons you have stated but that is the most the fords boys have had to talk about so far & it will be very interesting to see how the rest of the season goes. the 17 v's 11 is a direct result of a race teams choice to run which ever brand they wish. I will follow the rest of the season with interest & will accept any toweling i receive from my rivals out there & will also greatly enjoy my side winning on the flip side. :)

Also with the falcons being no more the whole format will have to change to slot car racing which will kill the sport completely i think so enjoy what little time we have left as it is.

go the holdens! 8)

LOL, i have to admit it will probably be Whincup for the championship (not because of the Holden but because of triple8 racing), have you seen how many Holden badged cars have Daewoo stamped on them these days.

Worst move holden have done for a long time was bringing back the Viva name, had lots of laughs about that.

I owned a VP commodore for 11 years and it was a damn good car, i prefer my BA falcon though.

Kind of funny reading posts from ford and holden lovers they are so biased and then I realize how much I talk about my Alfa, perhaps one day I will own a Ford or Holden.

Until then I am on the fence when it comes to V8 Supercars, I just like to watch good racing, don't really prefer one over the other. ( unless somehow Alfas run at Bathurst then my allegiance is clear) :D

i have a 400hp SS but have loved them since my old man bought a new one when i was a toddler. Through the late 80's to mid 90's i liked the holdens as they were able to be made to look many different ways with the kits that were available, the fords only seemed to have one option when it came to dressing them up.

The bit i find hard case is engine wise, a new 6.0 holden ss has 260kw (348hp) & the smaller 5.4 xr8 has 290kw (389hp).

Compare the fpv against an hsv and the ford is 315 or 335kw & the 6.2 hsv is 317 or 325kw.

The ford is less common than the holden which is good.

Rear suspension geometry is better on the falcon and you cant beat the sla or wishbone setup on the front especially for enthusiastic driving.