April 13, 201115 yr comment_429353 Well, I don't have the photo skills of many. But, here's my wee tank after a makeover. Having real trouble with cloudy water - I think too much phosphates. Just about clear again. Sucks when my hospital tank looks in better shape than the main one!! Report
April 13, 201115 yr Author comment_429372 Thank you. Ambulia and the hydgro were sold as "easy care" - as is the crypt (anyone know what that crypt is?). I later found out the star grass has higher light needs, but it is growing well despite a fairly standard light. I am not a 'green-thumb' in or out of water, hence the choices. I've stopped DIY co2 and adding fertilser to the tank as (a) the plants are doing fine without, and (b) i wonder if the fertiliser was contributing to the phosphate problems. Low tech suits me...and my budget! Thanks for the positive comments. Report
April 13, 201115 yr comment_429391 i just cant get plants to grow ! they grow and stop growing after a few months! the second to last frontier with aquarium keeping for me Report
April 16, 201115 yr Author comment_429637 More cories...there are none at present. I must admit - i find cories just a little ugly. Especially the albino ones - look at them long enough and I think they'll steal your soul. Report
April 16, 201115 yr comment_429653 More cories...there are none at present. I must admit - i find cories just a little ugly. Especially the albino ones - look at them long enough and I think they'll steal your soul. Nooo.. Honestly, get a group of at least 6 of them and they are like little puppies of the aquarium world. They swim around together and fight for food like puppies but they don't fight each other (in my experience).. One of the most fun schooling fish to watch - don't knock them till you've tried them! Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.