Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Some blurry tank pics

Featured Replies

Well, I don't have the photo skills of many. But, here's my wee tank after a makeover.

Having real trouble with cloudy water - I think too much phosphates. Just about clear again. Sucks when my hospital tank looks in better shape than the main one!!

IMG_7164.jpg

IMG_7162.jpg

  • Author

Thank you. Ambulia and the hydgro were sold as "easy care" - as is the crypt (anyone know what that crypt is?). I later found out the star grass has higher light needs, but it is growing well despite a fairly standard light. I am not a 'green-thumb' in or out of water, hence the choices.

I've stopped DIY co2 and adding fertilser to the tank as (a) the plants are doing fine without, and (b) i wonder if the fertiliser was contributing to the phosphate problems.

Low tech suits me...and my budget! Thanks for the positive comments.

i just cant get plants to grow !

they grow and stop growing after a few months! :x

the second to last frontier with aquarium keeping for me

  • Author

More cories...there are none at present. I must admit - i find cories just a little ugly. Especially the albino ones - look at them long enough and I think they'll steal your soul.

More cories...there are none at present. I must admit - i find cories just a little ugly. Especially the albino ones - look at them long enough and I think they'll steal your soul.

Nooo.. Honestly, get a group of at least 6 of them and they are like little puppies of the aquarium world. They swim around together and fight for food like puppies but they don't fight each other (in my experience).. One of the most fun schooling fish to watch - don't knock them till you've tried them! :wink:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.