My 1200L Fish Tank (The journey Nearly OVER)

Fishie123

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fail.......................... :an!gry !!!!

Painted the back of my 1200L tank... And I pretty much failed at that... The left had more black then the right.... So now, I have to figure out how to even out the paint... Sorry everyone, I am not a painter....

Fail.......................... :an!gry !!!!

Painted the back of my 1200L tank... And I pretty much failed at that... The left had more black then the right.... So now, I have to figure out how to even out the paint... Sorry everyone, I am not a painter....

The trick is multiple coats. It'll sort itself out. Mine has 5 coats and could do with about 2 more to get all the issues out.

Got my stand builder over today, He said the stand is fine and the tank is level. ("Thank You again ronnie") Now time to move on to bigger plans.

The stupid paint came off as when I was painting it started to rain, and I didn't know that the water would leak... So I patch up the gaps that were leaking but majority of the paint came out. So I might re do it.

Also, Need to remove all the building glue that got accidentally rubbed off the tank. Getting the sump on wednesday,

Can some one give me a list of media I would need for my sump PLZ.

Hopefully everything is up and running on friday. Hopefully. Picture will be added once my tank look decent enough to be on a fish forum. lol

The very top is mechanical. all mechanical debris should be removed as much as possible before entering the second chamber.

the second chamber should be purely bio filtration. so the water passing thorugh should be AS CLEAN AS POSSIBLE. of course its not perfect but after the mech stage, whcih is at the top to make it easier for cleaning and removal, the bio follows. the mechanical and bio filter media is contained in waht is called THE TOWER.

The SUMP itself is for heaters, return pump and dosing what eve ryou dose, etc. and also can contain extra bio media,

judging by the size of your second chamber, you filling that with bio media will be sufficient, even half that as you have 4x aqua one 1200s.

the key is this

before the water flow flows through the mech filter, it must be diffused or else it will only push crud down into the bio media. a course sponge (whcih you already have) and a filter wool sponge whcih you also demonstrate you have will suffice, but you will need something else to diffuse the water coming donw from the tank.

That should be a tupperware or i personally use SYSTEMA blue containers with holes drilled.

its cheap, its not crispy plastic and can be drilled and durable.

I will show you tomorrow - :)

text me 11 ish

the tower with the noodles and bio balls is not really gonna be submerged.

but yes you could do that.

bio balls are good for wet dry... but i found them to be equally as effective, i have bioballs, noodles and assortments of efi substrat etc in my second wet dry sump too.

anyways, as for your plubming, good work - looks tidy and effective,

however, one feedback i have.

the spraybar - in concept its good, you have the principle right of dispersing the flow of water and spraying it to lessen the force on one spot.

but the holes you have are extremely tiny - you WILL find that in time, they WILL clog. and you may have a flooding issue:D

50% or double the size hole syou have, or just alternate, every other hole make it bigger, this will give larger particles to flow out of.

in saying that, fish poo will disintigrate after a while, but you dont wanna risk blocking them nd having a flood. just my humble opinion:D

almost ready to fill though!