Northland club?

We've also tried to generate a bit of interest but not had any luck, our fish site members seem to be fairly spread out and no one seems to what to make any long term commitments. Give us a PM if you'd like to try something, I'm a dairy farmer working on a large farm so my time is very limited too.

A club would have been a great thing its a shame it wont work up here in northland. Its always good to go see other people setups etc. I have been tempted to give up fish keeping because not many people up here with the same interest.

The only place that sells fish here where i am is pretty crap for selection of fish aswell. And who want to pay $12 for a male guppie come on hehe.

Good luck with trying to maybe start a club keep me intouch with what happens. :hail:

Club dynamics are changing with the internet but it is still a good way to connect with local fishkeepers and an excellent way to share information and resources. It would be easy to start a club that just got together twice a year for a BBQ and tank crawl, or some other event. The rest of the year you can communicate with each other in your own private club forum here on the site. Oh, and you would get Aquarium World magazine delivered to your mailbox as well. :wink:

A club would have been a great thing its a shame it wont work up here in northland. Its always good to go see other people setups etc. I have been tempted to give up fish keeping because not many people up here with the same interest.

I feel the same way about Taupo. I went to the pet shop today, bought some stress coat and a couple more cherry barbs, came home, we cleaned all our tanks out but i feel like it's not as exciting now we've got no one to talk fish to. And it's cool seeing what other people have in their tanks and getting inspired. I miss the Auckland club!