Guppies at lake pupuke true or false

Staplez

Over the years iv'e heard abit of talk about people catching wild guppies at the small lake next to lake pupuke. Also heard of people finding them in a stream at the back of the Takapuna golf course.

Has anybody else heard these stories or has anybody caught them in these places?

Guppies wouldn't survive an Auck. winter

Yeah thats what I thought

But I had to ask because people that have told me about these fish have been very sure of themselfs that they were guppies.

If there are places with wild guppies I'm very interested. I'm a rather big fan of guppies and I'd like to see how they get along in the wild.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GRAB THE SNORKLE GEAR AND HUGE NETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im driving 8)

Love the new name Ira although i cannot stand the queer eye program!! UGKK those men give me the kreeps id never let them touch me like thye thos guys on the program!! My mum loves the program!!! UGGKK

Shae

When I was deep sea fishing I used to work with a guy who lives in Indonesia. he has rivers running through his property where the plecs are commonly up to six foot, he sees clown loaches over a foot long and he occasionally goes fishing for oscar, a good table oscar can rach up to two foot, enough to feed the family, although not his family cause he has got something like 24 kids, no more than two of them to the same mother.......

He reckons that clown loaches taste ok, and oscars are pretty good, but a big spitroasted plec was a real treat and made a great centrepiece at a smorgasboard.

I'm skeptical of 6 foot plecos and 2 foot oscars. But easily a lot of 6 foot catfish.

I have read that plecs will get up to six foot in the wild as well.

If oscars can get up to 12" in a big tank, I see no reason that they couldn't get alot bigger in the wild, they live for a long time. not sure about 2 foot, but the only way to be sure is to go to bali, and poke around a bit.

Koolies! Where that stream? lol!

I doubt that they are guppies, if they are in the wild they are probably a pest fish (gambusia) and it will be illegal to have them. if you did get some, you could get yourself into trouble if the wrong person saw them.