Please help me sex my choccies

mcrudd

Too young, but appears to be a male on the left. Wouldn't bet my life on it.

Flip em upside down and get good, clear pics of the vents.

Oops sorry thought they were sexed from the top :oops: I will have to do that with my next major waterchange which is in two weeks time, they are all back in the tank now, did this the afternoon allready but onlly got time to post now :wink:

Planet catfish states they're sexually mature at around 6-8cm if I remember correctly. So they're not too far off!

So I need to get them some females or swap one for a female before they start fighting, so far they are bestest friends and share the same hide outs and everything :P

So I need to get them some females or swap one for a female before they start fighting, so far they are bestest friends and share the same hide outs and everything :P

They may stay that way (but not always the case). There pretty cheap at some of the shops, you should be able to find a young (6cm) female somwhere.

Rabbit or Mr Pleco, how much longer should I wait before taking them out and photographing them again for you guys to see if that one is female or not?

My other thread got deleted so I am not sure whether you answered there or not :wink:

I'm not expert but I'd say another few cm's of growth, or when you noticed a change in shape etc