Hi I'm new here

Jaimee

Hi Hi Hi Very encouaging to see another younger member,as they are the future.

In reply to earlier post, Fancy calling a NZ Falcon "Ozzy" Poor bird will get a complex

Is there an Auuustraaalian working there, and taking the micky out of us kiwi's

Welcome again

lol yeah.. ozzy .. was named after Ozzy Osbourne.

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome to the forums Jaimee :)

I'm also a bit of a bird freak too. I like parakeets, particularly Neophemas, plus I also have doves, canaries and finches and a few other birds. Would you like me to post you some pics of my aviary and its inhabitants? :P

Your drawings are amazing! :hail: I'm jelous 8) I wish I could draw :roll:

Welcome to the forums Jaimee :)

I'm also a bit of a bird freak too. I like parakeets, particularly Neophemas, plus I also have doves, canaries and finches and a few other birds. Would you like me to post you some pics of my aviary and its inhabitants? :P

Your drawings are amazing! :hail: I'm jelous 8) I wish I could draw :roll:

Yes Please , I just Love birds!

and thanks for the complement :)

Here is my Sunny

Sunny08.jpg

Aww, he's/she's so cute :love: :love:

Just out of interest, what food do you give him/her? From experience I've found parakeets love apples, oranges, silverbeet, lettuce and spinach, but they won't touch pears or bananas! I give mine the Top Flight stuff - Canary Mix and Finch Mix, both mixed together at a ratio of 1:1. They also love sunflower seeds (and they contain oils, which are good for the feathers), but I was told by a breeder that they contain estrogen or something, which is a hormone, and that because of the estrogen the sunflower seeds, they are unhealthy for the birds and should not be fed regularly.

But the birds get oils out of the linseeds which are already in the mixes that I give them.

I'll try and post some pics of the aviary in the next couple of days, or I might even start a seperate thread for it :)

While you're waiting for those photos, here's a thread specifically about Neophema pulchella breeding - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=50043

And you'll enjoy this one with pics of popular exotic finches - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=50756

I only have three finches - a pair of Chaffinches and a male Goldfinch. I would love exotic finches, but they need lots of live food and special aviaries that act like a glass house to trap warmth.

Hi Joe

I don't come on as much as my Mum.

homework *sigh* . Most of it is stupid and pointless and just fills in time.

Most of our birdseed we buy from the birdbarn coz it's really good. But we just got some topflight off trademe. It has those white seeds in it that my tiels won't eat and they're not big fans of sunflower seed either - strange i know!

They don't like fruit but they do like green leafy veges and broccoli and grated carrots and vogels toasted crust haha.

White seed - the small and round stuff? White millet? Jeepers, there must be something wrong with them (just kidding) :lol:

My birds practically live on millet! They love it!

I should try giving Vogels bread to my birds and see what they think. I'll ask mum to add it to the shopping list when we have some more cash.

I haven't tried broccoli yet. I think they'll like that.

The only subject that we get AWESOME homework for is English - read read READ!!!!! My nose is currently stuck in Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series. It's great! Have you read it?