Taupo people?

Stephanie

Hey, this is super random, but my partner (allister_b on here) and I are looking at moving to Taupo hopefully very soon and were wondering if there's many fishy people there. It might be nice to find like minded people after flicking through the FNZAS yearbook and seeing there's no Taupo people registered. Very concerning! :tears:

Apart from making the trip to Wonderworld i'm wondering if there is a way to keep my fish obsession going really. Any breeders worth knowing about? Any fish geeks?

We used to live there in Kurupae Road in Hilltop, but I knew no fishy people and the small little local pet shop did not have much fishy stuff then, then again that was just over two years ago :wink: Its a lovely little town, I loved it there, but then the factory my husband worked for burned down (Tenon) so we had to move to Aucks where there is more work :-?

I Have just moved from Taupo after 12 years. ( Still have my house there) I spent 10 of those working as a courier and got to know a lot of people. ( Kurupae Rd was in my area ) Palmers garden world has shut down, The Complete Garden has gone and a lot of businesses are struggling.

ryanjury your friend must do his homework before going over permanently :wink: . We had to leave there because of job shortage and that was two years ago before the recession. I say for now everyone should stick to their jobs they have, (just my opinion though) they seem to be scarce especially the good ones :-?

jim you probably delivered some stuff to my house and I did not even know it LOL. We used to live both in 55 and 59 Kurupae, it was such a lovely street, I enjoyed walking into town and also daily I used to walk next to the lake looking at amazingly at all the warm water popping out every here and there LOL

me and snivypop know alot of people there, my cousin owns lart'e the cafe in acacia bay, its not what you know but who you know. its a great place to live and were not going there to make millions from working but to get out of auckland, start fresh and live a simple life down there. for some people it may be hard to find work but were not picky and like i said we know alot of people, ones who own business's, and who are currently on a mission to get us work.

Don't think of it as negativity, think of it as concern for your wellbeing. The fact that you know people down there can and will certainly help things and I'm sure you haven't made the decision lightly.

Theres a lot to be said for a more relaxed lifestyle because unless you live in rural auckland you certainly don't get it here.

Good luck for this week. I hope you get things sorted. :D

Thanks Adrienne. :D

Fingers crossed the next week goes well. I'm excited but at the end of the day no jobs = no move. A nice chilled out lifestyle, a decent job, I think i'll love it. I don't think I could do totally rural like moving home (near Ohakune) but Taupo might fill my dreams of having a big yard, getting a friend for my dog, having birds and a pond and eventually having heaps of kids (maybe puppies instead Allister? :D )

My biggest concern will be moving fish, mostly my 6 week old fighter fry! And it'll be a mess when we finally have all our tanks combined. There's so many! Main reason fish geeks should never date! Hahaha.