Pneumonia

Stella

I have pneumonia. Had it for two weeks, spent the last seven days in bed. :sick:

Went to the doctor, he gave me antibiotics and said to come back in a week, to see IF I am getting better!! :o No change so far, possibly feeling slightly worse.

My friends are keeping me stocked with food, though I have little appetite. It is just BORING and exhausting. Even reading is tiring.

I have SO much I need to be doing! And I am not entitled to sick leave (short term job). :nilly:

bleat, moan, whinge.

I need a hug :tears:

On the positive side, it is all rather artistic to die as a poor unknown young student. &c:ry

No doubt forgotten for a few years before my genius is realised and everyone's copies of my book are suddenly worth a fortune! :lol:

(er, I am not quite that full of myself.... and hopefully I won't die. Am following the doctor's orders, with the additional cure of watching all 24 episodes of Jeeves and Wooster to cheer me up!)

On the positive side, it is all rather artistic to die as a poor unknown young student. &c:ry

No doubt forgotten for a few years before my genius is realised and everyone's copies of my book are suddenly worth a fortune! :lol:

alright for those that got signed copies :wink:

What are your oxygen levels like? If you are not sure if you are getting better, go to a GP clinic that has a pulse oximeter (measures the oxygen in your blood quickly and simply). If your oxygen levels are low you may need to go to hospital to get some supplementary o2.

If you were someone in my family I would be taking you back for a checkup earlier than a week with pneumonia, like 2-3 days tops - often if your oxygen levels are compromised you may not be able to judge how well you are, as low oxygen to your brain makes you spacey and less able to judge your state objectively - you might think you are ok when you are not. (I have had very low 02 before and I was dangerously sicker than I realised).

Yes I saw that article. When I look up the symptoms of anything it always seems vaguely similar but also missing some major symptoms. I haven't been playing with potting mix...

I went back to the doc yesterday, feeling much better. He said my lungs sound better, still crackling but better. Though he did send me off for a glandular fever test (interesting, 90% of people have that at some point, just most don't notice).

Today however I am feeling worse again, actually wondering if I should go back on the antibiotics as the symptoms seem to be like what they were before I saw the doc the first time.

Am SO tired of this! Been sick for three weeks, pretty much spent two weeks moving from bed to couch and back again. With no sick leave this is getting stressful.

Sorry to hear you are so sick Stella. :tears: Definately go back to GP if you feel you need to. Also, wonder if theres anything at home contributing to your health problems? I had repeated pneumonia/ asthma issues 2 winters ago for almost 3 mths... then discovered a leaking pipe inside a wall that had spread lovely toxic mould all through the wall (behind a big wall unit so not seen). Water had seeped right under the carpet across the lounge and into the kitchen so black mould was all through the floor boards as well. Once it was all dry there was no more problems and nothing since. Mould in the house can cause respiratory issues. (Not that I'm saying you have a mouldy house!) :facepalm: But just a thought in case there may be some issue with mould or something else thats contributing to the pneumonia. :dunno:

I had viral pnuemonia a few years ago... it isn't pleasant in any way shape or form! Wish you all the best with your recovery...

I was better after a couple of weeks, but it took aaages before I felt properly "recovered" from the whole ordeal... you just have to look after yourself... I went and played hockey... I was young and dumb at the time... silly me. :facepalm:

Well, it is officially not glandular fever, and just had an x-ray to confirm pneumonia. Back on the antibiotics.

I seem to swing from feeling like a total malingering hypochondriac to feeling better then overdo it then feel utterly awful again. Today is one of the utterly awful days.

Almost been sick for four weeks now. Some friends have been very good at bringing me food and company, but am pretty stressed out.

Good to hear it isn't glandular fever.

Yeah, pretty much what I did...felt better.... go play hockey/overdo it...

Back to square one... takes a while to shake, so when you feel better you have to resist the urge to run off and peer into your local stream :)

Need a bit of patience, like this guy:

h4bjz51p.zf5.jpg

I've never been to the deputies, only the associates, and his door is boring :lol:

Get well soon Stella!

I'm not sure what was on the door of my principal's offices... I got to know the inside of the offices well though, rather than standing outside :roll: