Tank stands

Joshlikesfish

I'm building a tank stand/bench on sunday. It needs to be 3m long. Excuse my lack of knowledge. I'm not experienced at all

The top bench I plan to hold 2x90L40H30W and 2x 60L40H30W tanks

On the bottom layer I plan to put 1x 90L30H30L 2x 60L30H30W tanks, and hoping to add another 3ftr later on

I'm putting the lower tanks on the bottom shelf as my room is only 2.2m high or something and need to space it out as best I can.

I was planning on using H3.2 2x4. I know 2x3 is cheap but 2x4 would be the safest option?

I was planning on bolting the legs to the horizontal pieces of 2x4 that form the "bench". I was also going to nail(or bolt if it will be significantly stronger) a piece of wood every 30cm as the support beam or whatever its called

I was hoping to make it 30cm from the ground, first piece of 2x4, then 80cm from the top of that piece to the bottom of the next piece, if anyone understands that...

DSC068161024x768.jpg

I was hoping to do it similar to that. If that helps

I also want to use a sheet of wood under the poly to make sure its even better. It can also be fixed to the wall, but that will provide very little in the way of strength. What should I use?

Like I said at the start, excuse my lack of knowledge :lol:

you can make it what ever length you want. just put legs at either end & spread them evenly down the length. I recommend you have them at 600mm or less apart.

i used particle board which is cheap or free if you get cover sheets. the best to use would be ply but that costs.

you have a tank 3m long?

The top bench I plan to hold 2x90L40H30W and 2x 60L40H30W tanks

On the bottom layer I plan to put 1x 90L30H30L 2x 60L30H30W tanks, and hoping to add another 3ftr later on

I'm putting the lower tanks on the bottom shelf as my room is only 2.2m high or something and need to space it out as best I can.

I was planning on using H3.2 2x4. I know 2x3 is cheap but 2x4 would be the safest option?