Breeding plan, any tips?

melrick1

I know that these guys are meant to be the easiest guys around to breed. I have bred plecos, rams, whiptails, many cichlids, fighters and the list goes on. But have I had a single fry from these guys lol…

In all fairness I haven’t seriously had a go at it. I am thinking of getting a couple of medium sized plastic storage containers (from the wharehouse) and have two sets of 10 fish in with a lot of plants and duckweed and an air filter. Feed them up and do the whole transfer thing.

If anyone has any extra tips of the trade???

Also some local breeders around maybe? My girlfriend works at a petshop, but would prefer support the little guys lol.

I know that these guys are meant to be the easiest guys around to breed. I have bred plecos, rams, whiptails, many cichlids, fighters and the list goes on. But have I had a single fry from these guys lol…

In all fairness I haven’t seriously had a go at it. I am thinking of getting a couple of medium sized plastic storage containers (from the wharehouse) and have two sets of 10 fish in with a lot of plants and duckweed and an air filter. Feed them up and do the whole transfer thing.

If anyone has any extra tips of the trade???

Also some local breeders around maybe? My girlfriend works at a petshop, but would prefer support the little guys lol.

lol is it me or do you not actually talk about what fish are you trying to breed?

In all fairness I haven’t seriously had a go at it. I am thinking of getting a couple of medium sized plastic storage containers (from the wharehouse) and have two sets of 10 fish in with a lot of plants and duckweed and an air filter. Feed them up and do the whole transfer thing..

but it does say I have BRED plecos, rams, whiptails, many cichlids, fighters so i think thats what is ment!

I don't think that would work with those species

have two sets of 10 fish in with a lot of plants and duckweed and an air filter. Feed them up and do the whole transfer thing.

you could do it with plecos , whiptails basically all them

I always thought that you had to give plecos caves etc etc, not spawn them in a similar way to egg scattering fish?

lol, awww I wanted you guys to keep guessing! It was the WCMM’s, I know they are not very interesting but I have always thought these fish were really cool. Set it up on the weekend and already have some babies separated off lol. I want to be able to sell them on tm and the forum, cos I have been looking for them for ages and no one really has them, maybe cos there no demand… In which case I will have a garage with hundreds on WCMM…. YAYYYYYYYYYY I will be in haven lol!