Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Got a new camera today!

Featured Replies

Nice pics - I got one of those cameras for my birthday last Sunday however being so technically challenged I am struggling to work out how to get really close up shots. I've read the manual and it makes very little sense :oops:

Any suggestions appreciated or otherwise how to work it in laymans terms would be welcome.

Push the flower button to take close up pics. Can play with the ISO in manual mode to see what each setting does.

I think I'll set up a seperate thread for nice helpful people like you to post suggestions. :D Maybe I am expecting too much but I am pretty sure its me and not the camera! :oops:

  • Author

for my macro shots I go to 'P' and then press the left hand part of the circle button (with the macro symbol on) then move it along to macro.

I also read the manual and didn't find it very useful

how do you get it to focus really close up like in your photos (the insects) or is that just the way they have been cropped.

Push the flower button to take close up pics. Can play with the ISO in manual mode to see what each setting does.

for my macro shots I go to 'P' and then press the left hand part of the circle button (with the macro symbol on) then move it along to macro.

I also read the manual and didn't find it very useful

Macro means close.

  • Author

There was some cropping - but not drastically.

Are you half pressing the shutter, then fully pressing it? it helps with focusing

yep - using macro and half pressing the shutter. I think perhaps I am just expecting too much. Its not that I can't get a decent shot, its just that I can't get a shot taken close up in focus ie if I was going to take a photo of my computer mouse then I couldn't get it to fill the screen and focus on it. Its still blurry. Am I expecting too much?

yep - using macro and half pressing the shutter. I think perhaps I am just expecting too much. Its not that I can't get a decent shot, its just that I can't get a shot taken close up in focus ie if I was going to take a photo of my computer mouse then I couldn't get it to fill the screen and focus on it. Its still blurry. Am I expecting too much?

First thing is to brace the camera against something to help keep it stable. Try changing it to manual and putting it on Aperature priority and change the aperature(The F number) to somewhere near the top of its range. This will give you a larger depth of focus, which is width of the area that will be in focus. But then, you need a longer shutter time which is why you have to make sure the camera is as stable as possible.

Also, you can usual manual focus if the autofocus is focusing on a different spot than you want or lock the focus by holding the button half down and move the camera back and forth.

Like this picture for example, I had the camera body and lens both resting on the ground to keep it stable:

spidermacro.jpg

Thanks Ira and firefish. I've also googled it today and seem to be making some progress. I'll check out the f number and see what its at.

Sorry for hijacking your thread firefish.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.