Would you use Raid

Perpin

Would you use Raid Automatic Natural Pyrethrum in your home if you have reptiles? My reptiles are in a seperate room and the door is always closed. I just cannot stand the flies!!!! I have one of those hanging fly traps but it does not work so I was thinking of getting the natural Raid system but I am worried about the reptiles. Do you think it would be safe to use?

I wouldnt, if it kills bugs then it cant be good for us or our pets. even if we are much bigger.

must be some plants you could keep around the house to help repel them. Seem to recall (could be completely wrong) my Nanna having marigolds in the garden to keep them or maybe it was another insect away..

flies can be a real nuisance huh

I see Raids Natural Pyrethrum comes from daisies.

"Even small amounts of pyrethrin are enough to kill most common insects" quote off raids website.

I wonder if there is anything similar on the market that works simply as a repellent.

there is, there are two strengths of the same cans available. One is 100% & the other is less, can't remember the strength of the lesser.

On another pet forum they were discussing more pet-friendly fly repellents and hanging a bunch of mint in the room seems to deter flies coming in.

You could also try things like setting smelly traps in the garden so that instead of heading in open windows, they go in the traps. There's a Trademe seller in Chch who sells awesome traps if you can't be bothered making your own.

These won't be 100% effective I imagine, but could be worth a try if it cuts fly numbers.

Thanks for all the tips bdspider and Carlos & Siran. I will give them a try :D

Hey Morcs - thanks for letting us know that it works for you. At least we have heard from someone who uses it. I would have to use it in an adjoining room so I think that it would be better not to take the chance.