6 foot planted tank

antwan

that's really creative, like an indoor waterfall.

Would frogs stay if they weren't fenced in somehow?

I've got some netting from Spotlight for when I take the lids off/get frogs.

nice.. :thup: :bow::bow:

you could grow herbs on there..that whould be cool..your own little herb garden..

There's already some watercress growing :wink:

Cool idea and looks great, does the light being over the out of tank plants effect the growth of the in tank plants??

Yea I imagine the barclaya won't like it so much but I don't think the hygrophila will be too worried, it'll just grow slower. Once I figure out how I'll raise the light up.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah glass is too heavy/expensive and I wouldn't trust it (or my skills) while living in shaky town. It would be awesome though.

I have some more updates today. I wasn't very happy with the rearranging of the wood but now it's growing on me. I'm really liking the way the tank looks now. Cleaned all the brown algae off the back and side glass, it's amazing how much of a difference it makes to the tank as a whole.

I had the lids off for one night and all the windows were covered in a lot of condensation the next morning so I don't think it's a very good idea to keep it open top. It's a shame but I still like the tank how it is at the moment.

IMG_0946.jpg

IMG_0948.jpg

Greatest plant ever :D

IMG_0967.jpg

21011.jpg

I'll be interested to see what that stricta looks like when it eventually gets to the surface and starts growing emersed. It's a great plant, hopefully continues to have bushy leafage when emersed.