Kuhli Loaches?

kuhli loach

Google search to find out which pet shops are in Hamilton then e-mail them to see if they can have some for when your there.

Hollywood can post, but the postage would cost more than 3 Kuhli loaches so pretty crazy especially considering your not working so wouldn't have tons of money.

Kuhlis like getting kept in large groups

would a shoal of 7 be ok in my 60x30x30 aquarium (if it means I have to cut down on other fish numbers I dont mind!)

Here was the numbers I was going to get

10 tetra

5 hatchet fish

3 kuhli (hoping to get bigger numbers if possible in my tank)

4 corys

2 or 3 platys

This tank is 60x30x30 right?? I've entered the dimensions of your tank into the Aqua Advisor. I don't know what filter you have, so haven't entered that but it already looks like the tank may be overstocked. I have a tank of similar dimensions and only have 7 fish in it. 4 Harlequins and 3 glowlight tetras and am looking at getting 3 corydoras to complete.

http://www.aqadvisor.com/AqAdvisor.php? ... ode=simple

maby no hatchetfish then?

Or should i rethink most of those fish, and get far smaller numbers?

My filter is (I'm afraid not very good) an Aqua One internal mechanical filter, the 101F maxi. i was advised that this was the best thing for my tank when I brought it from the petshop but have been told since then that it isnt.

go lower numbers if you can.(which is why i recommended a pair of dwarf cichlids)

any bad filtration can be easily resolved with a good weekly water change an gravel vacuum. but I think you should go for just 1 or 2 species of fish.unless you can go to a 90x45x45 tank :P (cost you almost the same power wise) can pick them up for about 50$ 2nd hand 8)