too many fish?

kuhli loach

[Joefish wrote] Hi Khuli Loach,

If I were you, I would start with a small 'Amazon' type tank, with:

A pair if Apisto. agassizii 'Double Red' or cacatuoides

10x Cardinal Tetras (these are hardier than Neons, live longer, and have more colour)

About 5 Otos or cories, and maybe a small fancy Pleco, like Dekeyseria brachyura L168

5 Golden Pencilfish

3 Hatchetfish (I have to agree with you, they are awesome!)

Is this amount too much for a 60x30x30 and could cardinals be substituted by emperors or rummy noses, golden pencilfishes with zebra danios and could kuhli loaches live in this sort of environment?

desperately trying to decide!!!

Yes too many fish.. A pair of cockatoos could be trouble in that sized tank they can be alright but if you get an agro male the female can get a hard time, and if they are successful in breeding then the other fish can get a hard time and beaten up. Unless you are hell bent on breeding them I would just get a male dwarf cichlid for a single show fish.

yes i hadn't heard of L168 before, figured it was somthing hard to get!

Would all those fish (one type of the apisto only and only one pair ) really be fine in that size aquarium or would they be more comfortable with less fish? (i'm kinda big on how happy the fish are more than what looks good)