December 9, 201015 yr comment_409340 Just wondering how many use one over the other i have always used a reactor and never get any co2 bubble loss. Seems like alot of people on the forums use diffusers dont these waste alot of co2. :-? Report
December 9, 201015 yr comment_409352 I use a diffuser under the intake of my HOB filter. This minimizes the amount of CO2 lost. Report
December 9, 201015 yr comment_409356 I diffuse my co2 into the intake of my canister filters with great results and zero waste. Report
December 9, 201015 yr comment_409455 I still use a ladder which is about the most wasteful of any but from what I read the inline reactor is the best you can get. At the moment I would be happy with a simple diffuser though. Report
December 9, 201015 yr comment_409460 ive got a ladder too and thought it was great, never have any bubbles reaching the top of the ladder so thought it wasnt wasting any... Report
December 10, 201015 yr Author comment_409480 My project over the holidays is to build an in line reactor full of bio balls. One down side is that you do need to run a canister to have one going but you do get absolute no co2 loss by running one. The diffuser needs alot more pressure to run as the reactor takes very little. Report
December 10, 201015 yr comment_409499 I use a ceramic and glass diffuser. Works great! Plus it isn't bulky like a ladder. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.