Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New kitten help

Featured Replies

:hail: mcrudd. Great hearing from such responsible pet owners! Spaying/neutering should be compulsory.

Thanks Stella :wink: I get realy upset with people who don't intend to breed their cats and then never spay/neuter them. Then they go running to the spca when their male cat becomes naughty and goes and sprays in the neighbours houses or that he is never home. For female cats they get upset that their cat steals food and jumps on counters and is also almost never home herself besides when she is tired and pregnant. People must understand that cats can be good. My cat never jumps on counters cause she has never had the need to steal food, and very importantly she has never had the taste of human food, she only knows her catfood. She gets treated by once a day having a tiny little bit of whiskas milk, which she can insist on if I forget :lol: She loves being home with us and is hardly in the streets. She never scratches my furniture cause I had a nice scratch post for her since the day I got her. Tiny little things a person must do to have a good behaving cat, if you do them, then you won't get upset and drop the cat of at the spca when they "get to much to handle".

and I am sure it works that way with all other pets, though I am not too familiar with those, except for fish now, thankfully they always seem to behave and stay where I tell them too :wink:

  • 2 weeks later...

Do you really think one week would make a difference? We always got our kittens when they were 8 weeks old and they already knew how to use a litter box.

I remember when I moved out of home and wanted to get a Birman kitten I was told they can't leave mum until 12 weeks and so I ended up getting a dark torty from our local pet shop because I was lonely and too impatient to wait another 4 weeks LOL

Probably a good thing I didn't get a Birman because I wouldn't want to let it go outside ever because we don't live in a good area. Someone would most likely steal it.

  • Author

Well since I originally posted, we've tried the private litter box thing. She didn't really like that too much. We took it away and just started giving her treats when we saw her going to the litter box. We caught her mid act and took her to the litter box and ever since she hasn't done it again. Hopefully it's something she's starting to grow out of.

Well since I originally posted, we've tried the private litter box thing. She didn't really like that too much. We took it away and just started giving her treats when we saw her going to the litter box. We caught her mid act and took her to the litter box and ever since she hasn't done it again. Hopefully it's something she's starting to grow out of.

Fantastic news :happy2: Once your kitten knows what is expected of her, then she will do it forever, so glad everything worked out for her, just keep on watching her :wink:

  • Author

Yup, still early days, but I think the treats are working well. She knows exactly what they are now.

Just trying to reward good behaviour to see how it works out.

:hail::D Well done! Fingers crossed she learns the new 'acceptable' behaviour and forgets the old unacceptable behaviour. :wink:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.