Our rights when collecting NSW

ar-photography

Some of you may already be aware of this but I have just been hunting the Environment Waikato website and have finally found this information I wanted to clarify for myself.

16 Implementation Methods

16.3 Water Quality

16.3.2 Taking and Use of Coastal Water (Permitted Activity)

The taking and use of water from the CMA is a permitted activity provided it complies with the conditions stated in this Rule.

Conditions

i. The take and use occurs in open coastal waters; or

ii. The take and use occurs in estuaries, inlets, harbours or embayments and the quantities taken and used are less than 1,000 cubic metres per day.

Principal Reasons for Adopting:

The RMA distinguishes between open coastal water and water in or near estuaries, inlets, harbours and embayments. In general there are few if any, adverse effects on the environment from taking open coastal water. However, potential adverse effects on taking water from more enclosed areas and areas closer to land, include effects on sediments and habitat.

Conditions

i. The take and use occurs in open coastal waters; or

ii. The take and use occurs in estuaries, inlets, harbours or embayments and the quantities taken and used are less than 1,000 cubic metres per day.

so your allowed to take 50 truck loads per day, that should be enough.

• 2 months later...