family court

doddle69

i want to know why my ex can get away with taking me to family court without me being told.

i went back to my lawyer today to start my affidavit and take photos of texts from her to show her affidavit is full of lies. im scared that ill lose my kids. shes made out that i have stopped her and her family seeing the kids when i have not and never would do. the court date is friday next week

i have gone back to smoking to try and relax

lol she isnt going to be happy when she finds out im taking her to court over a dna test for her newborn baby.

Anyone know what im ment to say to the childrens lawyer?

i have friends who can stand up for me and say how she was in and out of our childrens lifes. And the fact she was off and on with me up untill i found out she had a partner. (he was in jail) i feel sorry for the poor young 18year old

i have my kids shes trying to take them off me. i left my job to look after them as she wanted to go out drinking etc

she cleaned me out when she moved out and i had to go away untill i could buy pots n pans, table, refrigerator, draws etc to be able to live at home with the kids.

1) Stay CALM

2) Concentrate on what YOU CAN DO for your kids

3) DO NOT get into a slanging match or tit for tat with your ex

Very important: you focus on the kids while your ex does the slanging and the rest of it, then you come out looking god to the childrens advocate (plus it is not good for kids to have their parents at each others throats in front of them).

So stay calm, look out for your kids and let your solicitor deal with any bad stuff from your partner.

Remember, if you lose your cool you come out looking bad, stay calm and your partner looks bad and take pride in not coming down to their level.

I know .... I've been there.

Good luck

1) Stay CALM

2) Concentrate on what YOU CAN DO for your kids

3) DO NOT get into a slanging match or tit for tat with your ex

Very important: you focus on the kids while your ex does the slanging and the rest of it, then you come out looking god to the childrens advocate (plus it is not good for kids to have their parents at each others throats in front of them).

So stay calm, look out for your kids and let your solicitor deal with any bad stuff from your partner.

Remember, if you lose your cool you come out looking bad, stay calm and your partner looks bad and take pride in not coming down to their level.

I know .... I've been there.

Good luck

+ a million

I'm a full time dad now, been through the whole thing. Definitely keep ya cool, it sounds like you have a lot already to back up your case, and I'm guessing you have that all in your affidavit. Keeping calm, concentrating on the kids and record keeping are best things you can do. If you have to go for a court hearing, go dressed to impress (ie suit and tie etc.). Image, composure and evidence to back it up is everything in the courts eyes.

Any questions feel free to ask, good luck buddy.

If it is any help. I never had disputes over access to the kids and have a good relationship with them now. I had plenty of disputes with their mother though, usually over trfling things. In the end I told my lawyer to go to court as it was getting nowhere and the only winners were the lawers. I said to my lawer. "I want to be able to look back in tweny years and know what I did was fair to all those involved and to remind me what I just said if I ask you to do something just because I am angry". It is nearly 20 years and it feels good.

Good luck, your kids will remember and thank you if you do it right.

My thoughts are with you. There are a few of us out there.

• 2 weeks later...